WinJewel is a complete program to run a retail jewelry store. Click on "Home" above to go to our start page. This jeweler's dictionary is provided as a free service by WinJewel.
Click on the letter of the word you want:
A B C D E F G H I J
K L M N O P Q R S T
U V W X Y Z
- YAG (Yttrium aluminium garnet) an artificially produced stone made in various colours and marketed under the name "Diamonair".
- Yellow gold the usual colour of gold. The alloying metals being silver and copper in the proportion of roughly three to two.
- Yellow ground the name given to the top layers of the "blue ground" or kimberlite, filling the diamond pipes of South Africa, the yellow colour being due to the oxidation of the iron content.
- Yellow pearls pearls of a yellow colour obtained from the Margaritifera carcharium found along the coast of Shark Bay, Western Australia.
- Yttrium aluminium garnet (yttrium aluminate) a synthetically produced crystal with a garnet structure. It is produced in a number of colours and colourless. Known as YAG the stones are marketed as "Diamonair''. The density is 46, the hardness 8 and a refractive index 1 83.